Friday, November 12, 2010

A Huge Appreciation for Stay at Home Moms

I have an immense appreciation for my mom. She gave up having a career to stay home with me. I never knew how hard that was until I had Jonathan. The days I've stayed home with him by myself have been the most amazing days, but it sure does wear you out. At our house, my mom always had the house spotless, beds made, dinner made, etc. I have no idea how in the world she did it.

When I stay home, I do well to take care of Jonathan, pick up a little, and maybe be able to take a shower at some point. I am amazed at how worn out I get from staying home with him. My mom now does it all over again with Jonathan. She stays home with him and we are so blessed to have the best care for our baby. Jonathan adores her and she loves him more than me, I think. He has become her world and Jonathan is the luckiest baby to have her every single day. I don't know where she gets all the energy.

Working moms have it a lot easier. We are at work all day (continue to have a career and a life outside of the home), then, we see the babies after work. We don't have to find a way to entertain them all day long. On the other hand, we have it hard because we might miss the "firsts" in their little lives. We also have to come home, cook, clean, and it not take away from time with the baby. Regardless of if you are a stay at home mom or a working mom life has become exhausting but incredible. I wouldn't change it for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment