Monday, February 15, 2010

Work Family

I think the most important thing to have in a job is a family at work. What I mean by that is, you should love the people you work with, because you spend more time at work a week than you do at home, so working in a place you love is crucial to your job and how hard you work while you are there. You never want to let your family down, so if you think of your work as another family, I believe you will work harder and be more happy as well.

With that said, I can honestly say that I have an incredible family at work. I couldn't have asked for a more supportive, loving, and fun family to be with and work with every single day. It is a joy coming into work everyday and that's an awesome feeling to have.

My work family hosted an incredible baby shower on February 12, 2010. It was comical, because it hardly ever snows here. The shower was set to be from 3-5. With the amount of snow falling, they changed it to 1:30. Poor Teresa, the hostess, was so stressed out because she wanted everything to be perfect. She did the most amazing job. Everything was beautiful. She had her sister make an amazing and absolutely delicious cake. She made a punch that was blue and delicious.

Well, we ate, had an amazing time and then Kevin, my boss, sat us down to open gifts. Kevin, being an incredibly efficient person, set it up to be like an assembly line. Well, my logistics husband loved it! We even had a cart to take everything to the car. Let's just talk about how overwhelmed I was. I did cry at this shower (thanks to Deborah). Everyone was so loving. I was shocked and couldn't believe it.

My favorite store in Dalton is the Cherry Tree. According to Travis, I keep them in business. They are so nice and they do all sorts of personalized gifts. To me, personalized gifts mean more especially at my age because we don't really need anything anymore. Needless to say, so many people got us gifts from there, gift cards, and even the diaper bag that I had put on hold that same day at lunch was given to me. We couldn't have asked for a better shower. It was super fun, we laughed a lot, and everyone was so sweet and wonderful. We are so blessed. God definitely pushed me to make a move in jobs from US Xpress to Shaw and it was the best push that could have been given to me.

Thank you guys so much for making our shower so special. A special thanks to Teresa for doing everything for it and making everything so beautiful with extra special touches. We love you! Another Thanks to Melissa for writing everything down for us. Huge help. Thanks to Kevin, Dennis, Andrew, and Jacob for taking pictures, helping Teresa set everything up, organizing everyone to come enjoy with us, and for taking the gifts down to the car.



My Kalencom diaper bag

1 comment: