Monday, December 6, 2010

Huge Two Weeks


So, last weekend, I thought I heard him say, "Mama." I thought surely it's my imagination. Well, guess what, he is saying, "Mama." It's the best word I have ever heard. My heart completely melts every single time he says it. I was getting worried because he was saying "Dada" and "Hola" and no "Mama." Once he said "Mama" I melted.

Christine spent the weekend with us. Jonathan adores her. They played together and he would laugh so hard he'd fall to the floor and couldn't get back up. It was one of the funniest things we have ever seen. Saturday morning, Christine walked into the living room and Jonathan looked at her and said "Hola." Christine asked Travis, "Did he just say, Hola?" Sure enough, he did. She told me I had the smartest kid ever. LOL! We went to three birthday parties that day as well. Two of them were at The Little Gym. Jonathan started dancing there. I loved it. Maybe he'll get my rhythm and not his daddy's rhythm. LOL! Then, he stood by himself for a few seconds. I was shocked. He was one busy boy that day with not much of a nap between Parker's 1st birthday party, Connor's 2nd birthday party, and Sandra's birthday party. He was exhausted.

Finally, we went to dinner with Jennifer and Brian and Christine. He perked up as soon as he saw his Aunt Jenn! He loves her. She fed him snacks and loved on him. She gave him a Christmas present early! The cutest stinking outfit ever! We love it. She loves him so much and I love that about her. I can't wait until she has a baby of her own. She will be an amazing mommy one day. Brian will be an incredible dad as well. He loves playing with children and he's so good with them. I'll post pictures and videos from this weekend soon.

P.S. You ask Jonathan for "Un Beso (a kiss in Spanish) and he gives you one. That's pretty awesome too!

Being a parent is the best and most incredible blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment