Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday, Jonathan!!!!















How has a year gone by so quickly? I just can't believe that the best year of our lives has come and gone in a blink of an eye. It's amazing what having Jonathan has done for us. He truly is an amazing little boy full of love, laughter, and his little mischievous ways. I have loved every minute of being a mom and I know that Travis has loved being a dad.

I remember this day, last year, like it was yesterday. We had gone into the hospital the night before to be induced. Early that morning my dad came to check on us to see how I was progressing. My mom and aunt showed up early, because they didn't want to miss anything! Travis was incredible making sure I was okay. Around 10:00 a.m., I got my epidural. At noon, I was re-dosed, at 3:00 I could feel everything and was no longer numb, and at 3:43 our angel was born. I had the pleasure of having Travis, my mom, my dad, Ashley (the best sister-in-law ever), Titi Laly (my aunt), and Debbie (my mother-in-law) to witness the birth. Everyone was great and so supportive. I remember getting ready to push and hearing Misa outside the door yelling, "You can do it P!" So funny! At one point the pain was so bad that I said, "I can't do this!" My aunt jumped to the plate and held my hand to comfort me and calm me down. She was great and such a wonderful soothing voice in the room. Travis was wonderful as well, but coach of the year goes to my dad for making me mad in order to get the baby out! Yay to him for making sure I got Jonathan out in 20 minutes! Everyone needs a coach like that! Dr. Todd is the best doctor. She was wonderful and I am blessed to have such a wonderful doctor.

When Jonathan was born, he didn't cry. Scared me to death. I thought something was wrong with him. Turns out he was a lazy crier, but perfectly healthy. Thank Goodness! When they put him in my arms, it was an instant love that I can't describe. I loved him with all of my heart and all of my being. Having him is the ultimate blessing.

Today, Jonathan is 1! We are still immensely blessed with a healthy little boy with an incredible personality and sense of humor. I woke him up singing Happy Birthday this morning. My mom watches him during the day and has been teaching him how to blow out a candle. Well as I'm singing, he was blowing! Too freaking funny! He associates the song with blowing out his candle. My mom has taught him so much and I'm so blessed that she is the person that watches him while we work. Couldn't ask for a better person to watch him.

Saturday, we are having his birthday party and I can't wait! I hope he enjoys his special day.

No comments:

Post a Comment