Monday, June 28, 2010

Jonathan's Baptism Weekend

On Thursday, we went to Atlanta to pick up Natalia. She's Jonathan's Godmother who flew in from Puerto Rico. We hung out all day and we had a great time together. Jonathan loved her and you could tell she loved him. Thursday night, we went out to dinner at Alleia. Well, while we were sitting there we kept smelling the most foul smell. I, at one point, had to get up. I was going to throw up, I swear. I went to the hostess and told her it was horrible. Our waiter then came up and told us that it was a sewer problem. Nice, huh? You pay so much for a nice dinner and yet the smell was awful.

Friday was CRAZY! We went to the grocery stores. When I say stores, I mean stores. We had to go to three grocery stores just to find the right mozzarella for the salad we were making and for all the ingredients. We ran around like crazy. When we got back, Natalia and I went to town on preparing everything we could for Saturday. As I was making the sweet potatoes au gratin, I sliced my pinkie on the mandolin. I couldn't stop bleeding. It was nasty. Natalia was like, "Gross, you left the chunk of your pinkie on the counter." Talk about NASTY. My dad had to take me to his office for what he thought needed stitches, but he was able to stop it with some gunk at his office. From there, we picked up Titi Laly at Groome's while the rest of her family was in a rented car driving in. Travis picked Justin (the Godfather) up.

Hispanic families are loud, but mine is crazy loud. LOL! We were all telling stories and crazy inappropriate jokes. We had the best time and we laughed so hard. After everyone left my house, I started making the cake for the baptism. I made the batter (from scratch) and put the cake in the oven. When the timer went off, I opened it and it had overflowed everywhere. Travis had to clean the oven and I had to dump the cake out. I decided to go to bed and start in the morning.

Saturday morning was nuts. We woke up at 7:00 a.m. I started making the cake while Travis worked on the Roast. Once I finished the cake, I helped with the roast. I let the cakes cool, while my mom got there to make the Meringue for the cake and Natalia and I made the homemade fudge sauce. I took a shower and when I was done, I started decorating the cake. It was time for me to finish getting ready, so my mom told me to get to it. I was having a breakdown as is and then it just got worse. I went to put the dress on that I had purchased for the baptism. I put my makeup on and when it was time to put the dress on, I put it on. I stuck my hand in the pockets because they were all bunched up inside and pulled forward a bit to poof the dress out. Well, when I did that, the dress tore down the seams on both sides. I had a major meltdown. I cried, yelled, said bad words, you name it I did it. At that point it was 11:00 a.m. and the baptism started at 11:30. I had to get in the car with my mom and take off and go to Ann Taylor Loft. Thank you Mom for being a law abiding citizens and going the speed limit, but STEP ON IT! This was not the time to be driving like Miss Daisy. We get there and I was able to try on a few dresses, find one, find jewlery, and be at the church by 11:35. It was the craziest morning. I was so stressed out. Natalia finished decorating the cake and everything was great, thank goodness. We had about 50 people there(from different countries and states) for it and it meant so much to us that Jonathan and our family are so loved.

Our friend Jacob, took pictures, so once they are ready I'll add his wonderful pictures on the event. It was wonderful! We had a great time that night with all our friends.

1 comment: