Thursday, June 3, 2010

Life Is Not Fair

So I've been really down the last few days. It has become so real that in just a few days I'll be leaving my baby behind and heading back to work. I am so sad, because I love being with him and being there to witness all of his firsts! It makes me cry to think that I'll miss too much and it's just not fair that mothers are made to make sacrifices like this. I mean we carry them for 9 months, always feel them move, protect them for 9 months, we give birth to them, and then we are expected to go back to work. It just stinks and it's not fair!

Then to top it off, work was going great. Love my boss, love the people I work with, and then 2 days before I went on Maternity Leave I was told I have to be in Chatsworth, GA. Talk about torturing a brand new mom. It's already hard enough that I have to go back to work, but to know that I'll spend almost 2 hours in the car every single day is the worst thing ever! Those are 2 hours that I could be spending with the most precious baby ever, but instead I'll be in a terrible place that has NOTHING there. Yes, I am very thankful that I have a job in these tough economic times, but I always get the crap end of the deal. This sucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment