Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Family and Friends

This past weekend, we had our Friends' Christmas Dinner at our house. There was over 20 people at the house with their children. It is such a great tradition to get started. Our friends are like our family and we love them very much. Everyone made something for this dinner and it was all delicious. I made Red Velvet Cheesecake, Chocolate Chip/Heath Bar Pie, Mac and Cheese Casserole, and Sweet Potato Casserole. Piti, my cousin, made a fabulous turkey stuffed with a yucca mash, gravy, and helped with everything else. Travis made the dressing and it was delicious courtesy of Paula Dean. Then from there we had a delicious spread of casseroles, appetizers, and desserts. We had a great time. In the rush of it all, I forgot to take pictures. So sorry!

Having family in town is so wonderful. Everyone gathered together, laughing, joking, and giving each other a hard time is what family is all about. We are very blessed this Christmas to have our family in town. There is nothing better than 8 people gathered around my parents' dining room table, talking loud, and cracking jokes. We all love to joke and laugh a lot. We all love to give each other a hard time and crack up, so these are memories that we will be able to carry along forever.

On Sunday, we went to my dad's office to show my grandfather our baby. We had an ultrasound done and the baby is doing great. He was sucking along or already trying to talk. I think he's going to take after my mom with all the talking. She is never quiet! LOL! Kikito, my grandfather, was amazed at how a computer could show you the baby. He said it was amazing.

All in all, these holidays are going to be a sad time for us, because one of the people we loved most in this world is not going to be here with us. At least not in our presence, but I know she is watching over us and she is definitely in our hearts. One thing I do know is that we are all making it our duty to make sure Kikito has a good time filled with laughter and we will make sure he realizes that his life will and can go on without her here on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment