Friday, December 4, 2009

Family



Family to me, is the most important thing in the world. It is the foundation for my life and the family Travis and I have will be the foundation for our soon to be son Jonathan. I hope that I'm as good of a parent as my parents were with me. They are the greatest role models in my life and I thank God he gave me such amazing parents.

I was blessed with two sets of grandparents and our son will be blessed with the same. My mom will watch him while I continue to work. she is so much like my grandmother, Calla. I see so much in her now that she is about to become a grandmother. I loved all my grandparents, but the special bond I had with her was a bond I will never have with anyone. She was my adoration as a child and she continues to be the woman I aspire to be. I was spoiled rotten by her and I know Jonathan will be that way with my mom. I just hope she disciplines him as well. ;)

Our baby has no hope! He will be involved in sports as soon as I deliver between Travis and my dad. I think he'll be on the golf course before any of us take him to a mall. I have a feeling Travis will be a coach and my dad will be an assistant coach. As for Debbie, the runner, he will be in a jogging stroller from early on and learning how to have the stamina to run like no other. Phil will take him walking with the dogs his other two children. Winston is here and the girl is on her way. We can't wait to meet her.

I never had a sister or a brother, but again, I was blessed with an amazing brother and sister-in law. Ashley and Chad are some of the best and most genuine people I have ever met in my life. They are so loving and love being a family. Ashley is an amazing mom and I hope to be half the mom she is to her kids. She and Justin have the most beautiful and sweet family! Justin is an incredible dad. Ayden and Kendall are very lucky! Chad is the sweetest and most loving guy I have ever met. Sorry Travis! Any girl will be extremely lucky to have him in their life. I know we are lucky to have him in ours. 4 weeks ago, we took some family pictures. My good friend Jacob took them. We loved them! We have made prints, photo books, and framed pictures because they were great. These pictures are from that day. I was 20 weeks pregnant in these pictures.


I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. For us, it was great to spend time with our family and my good friend Laura Diaz!!!! Now, we can't wait until Christmas when we have a lot of family flying in to be with us. This will be an incredible Christmas, but a sad one because it'll be our first Christmas without Calla. We will miss you so much! I know you are in heaven watching over us. Calla, you were my guardian angel on earth and my guardian angel in heaven. We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment